1. Food Corporations Act, 1964 - interpretation thereof and amendments thereto.
2. Food Corporation Rules - Interpretation of and amendment thereto.
3. Staff Regulations - examination and processing of proposals for amendment with the Ministry of Finance, BPE and other concerned Ministries.
4. Enactment and amendment of various Regulations for FCI, in consultation with the Ministry of Law.
5. Constitution of State/ Union Territory Consultative Committee of FCI and appointment of non-official Members on these Committees and matters relating thereto.
6. Revision of pay, allowances, and other fringe benefits of the employees of FCI, other than of the Departmental Labourers.
7. Matters relating to clarifications sought by FCI on establishment matters including service matters in consultation with Finance, BPE, etc.
8. i) Matters relating to appointment of Directors and Secretary of FCI.
ii) Matters relating to appointment of officers on deputation to FCI.
9. Coordination of papers relating to agenda notes of the meeting of the Board of
Directors and Executive Committees.
10. References from VIPs and MPs about representations on establishment matters in the FCI.
11. Representations from associations/ unions of regular employees other than labour/ workers union on establishment matters.
12. Exercise of power under ESMA, in relation to FCI employees.
13. Representation of FCI in Port Trust Boards, Dock Labour Boards, National Harbour Boards, etc.
14. Parliament Questions and legal matters relating to the subjects enumerated above.
15. Any other function assigned from time to time.