1. Public Grievance (PG) Cell of the Department is entrusted with the responsibility of
redressal of public grievances.
2 PG Cell of the Department, receives the grievances/representations from two sources i.e electronically on
pgportal.gov.in and through post.
3. Link of Public Grievance to this Department:
For FCI, CWC, Matter related to TPDS/NFSA, NSI, VVO&F, Directorate of Sugar may be contacted on same site i.e.
4. Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) have fixed the following time frame for dealing with references relating to Public Grievances (PG):
(i) Acknowledging references received electronically
(ii) Acknowledg ing references received through post
(iii) Obtaining comments of concerned Officer/Division
(iv) Final settlement of grievance
5. Keeping in view the guidelines issued by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, this Department has appointed Nodal Officers in the Department viz one Joint Secretary and Deputy Secretary
at the Department level and also at various Subordinates offices/PSUs namely Food Corporation of India, Central Warehousing Corporation, Admn.Section and Office of Controller of Accounts of this Department.
Department has been monitoring the redressal of grievances with the concerned centres through periodic meetings and personal contacts.
6. This Department has 5 Responsibility Centres (RCs) namely Dte. of Sugar, FCI, CWC, NSI and Directorate of VVOF who
have CPGRAMS link and we are in a position to transfer them the PG references relating to them electronically, requesting them to take necessary action and inform the concerned person/organisation of the action taken with a copy to this Department.
As regards grievances received by post, copy of references as received are immediately
transferred to the concerned Divisions/organisations with the instructions that suitable reply may be sent to the concerned with a copy to this Department.
7. Wherever contact details or sufficient details about a grievance is not given, the same is immediately disposed off there itself.
In other grievances wherever contact details were available, efforts were made to contact the concerned over phone, to ascertain the status of redressal of their grievance and further necessary action was taken. In cases where information
received was not sufficient and additional information was required, communication was sent to the concerned. There are many grievances which do not pertain to our Department are returned with the remarks that this department is not concerned with the issue
and hence no action required on our part.
8. Progress report for the period w.e.f. 01.04.2016 to 31.03.2017 of Public Grievances received in this Department is as under: -
Total Public Grievances pending as on 31.03.2016
Additional Public Grievances received during the year
Total Public Grievances :
3910 Total Public Grievances disposed off :
Total Public Grievances Pending as on 31.03.2017
Percentage of disposal :
9. It may be mentioned that majority of grievances pertained to Food Corporation of India, mostly pertaining to retirement benefits, wage revision etc., and the pending grievances were monitored personally on day-to-day basis
for early redressal.