Government of India
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
Department of Food & Public Distribution
Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 1 5th D ecember,2006
Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection,
Government of Madhya Pradesh,
Mantralaya, Vallabh Bhawan,
FAX NO. 0755-2441740
Subject : -Relaxation in the Uniform Specifications of Paddy for Kharif Marketing Season 2006 – 2007 for Madhya Pradesh.
I am directed to refer to your letter No. F.5/40/2006/1-XXIX dated 6.11.2006 seeking relaxation in specification of paddy of Kharif Marketing Season 2006-07.
2. In order to reduce the hardship of farmers and to avoid distress sale of paddy, it has been decided to procure paddy in Madhya Pradesh with the following relaxations in the uniform specifications of paddy during the Kharif Marketing Season 2006-2007:
- Relaxation in maximum limit in respect of damaged, discoloured, sprouted and weevilled grain from existing 3% to 4% with full value cut .
- Relaxation in maximum limit in respect of immature, shrivelled and shrunken grain from existing limit of 3% to 6% with full value cut .
3. Besides the out turn ratio of rice obtained from the paddy procured under relaxed specification has also been reduced by 1%. Thus, the out turn ratio in case of raw rice would be 66% against the existing limit of 67% and in case of parboiled rice would be 67% against the existing limit of 68%.
4. Paddy under relaxed specification as above will be procured with a value cut of Rs. 2 3 per quintal for Common varieties of paddy and Rs.2 4 per quantal in respect of Grade ‘A' varieties of paddy. The relaxation will be subject to the State Government utilising the milled rice from such relaxed specification paddy for TPDS and other Welfare Schemes. Separate account should be maintained by the FCI and the State Government of the paddy procured under uniform specification s and under relaxed specifications.
The above relaxation shall be operative with immediate effect.
Joint Commissioner (S&R).
- Chairman, Food Corporation of India , New Delhi
- Executive Director (Commercial) FCI, New Delhi
- General Manager (QC), FCI, New Delhi .
- General Manager (Procurement), FCI, New Delhi .
- Zonal Manager (West),FCI, Mumbai
- G eneral Manager(Region), FCI, Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal
- APS (MOCAF&PD).
- PS to Secretary (F&PD)/ PPS to AS&FA/ JS (Impex, EOP & Vig.)/ JS (BP,PD &IC)/ JS (P&FCI) Director (P) / Director (FCI) / Joint Director (Movement) / JC (S&R) / US (P)/US (BP)/DD (QC),Hqrs./QCC, Kolkata/QCC, Hyderabad/CGAL./
- IGMRI, Hapur, Hyderabad , Jorhat & Ludhiana.
- Section Officer, FC A/Cs.
- Director(NIC) with the request to put the information in the Ministry's website.
- Chief Director(VVO&F) Nodal Office for updation of Website.
(B. C. Joshi)
Deputy Director (S&R)