Government of India
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
Department of Food & Public Distribution
Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: 25 th October'05
The Principal Secretary
Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
Government of Rajasthan
Tele Fax 0141 - 227110
Subject: Relaxation in the Uniform Specifications of paddy for Kharif Marketing Season 2005-2006 for Rajasthan.
I am directed to refer to your DO No.34 (1)/FS/Pro/2005-06 dated 7.10.2005 seeking relaxation in specifications of paddy for Kharif Marketing Season 2005-06 in respect of Rajasthan.
(2) In order to reduce hardship of farmers and to avoid distress sale of paddy, it has been decided to procure paddy in Rajasthan subject to the following conditions:
The maximum limit in respect of immature, shrivelled and shrunken grains may be allowed up to 6.0% against 3% provided under uniform specifications.
(3) Paddy under relaxed specifications as above will be procured with value cut of Rs. 17/- per quintal for common varieties of paddy and Rs. 18/- per quintal in respect of Grade ‘A' varieties of paddy. Thus, paddy with relaxed specifications would be purchased from the farmers at the rate of Rs. 553/- per quintal in respect of common and Rs. 582/- per quintal in respect of Grade ‘A' varieties. Separate account should be maintained of paddy procured under relaxed specifications. The relaxation will be subject to the Government of Rajasthan utilizing the milled rice from such paddy for TPDS/Other welfare schemes within the State.
(4) The above relaxation will be in operation with immediate effect.
Joint Commissioner (S&R)
Tele. # 23387334
- Chairman & Managing Director, Food Corporation of India , New Delhi.
- Executive Director (Commercial), FCI, New Delhi.
- General Manager (QC), FCI, New Delhi.
- General Manager (Procurement), FCI, New Delhi.
- Zonal Manager (North), FCI, Noida, Gautam Budho Nagar
- SRM, (Rajasthan), FCI, Jaipur
- APS (MOCAF&PD)
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (F&PD)/PS to AS&FA/PS to JS(P&FCI)/JS(Impex,EOP)
- Section Officer (FC A/c).
Assistant Director (S&R)